Monday, October 7, 2013

I'm moving!!

Well there was a lot that happened this week. It's been pretty great to be honest.

It started off pretty standard, with P-Day and a regular Tuesday, but then we went out with the Elders Quorum and it got interesting. We went to a family who was baptized into our ward, and then they got offended by something that someone said to them, and left the church, and now doesn't want anything to do with this religion. It was so shocking to me! It really hit home to me, and Elder Bednar's talk "And Nothing Shall Offend Them". It is so important that we choose the Gospel of Jesus Christ over being offended, because that's really what the choice is, if you cut to the core. 

Then we had Zone Conference. But ours was different, it was actually two zones because the Phoenix stake (the stake I'm serving in) has 2 zones in it. So it was us and the Phoenix zone that were there. It was amazing. I have the most Respect and Love for President Toone than almost anyone I have met. He truly is called of God to be MY mission president. He is so in tune with the spirit, it is amazing. 

Saturday was such a good day. We were able to go to the Stake Center and watch all 3 sessions of conference that day! It was amazing. Brother Frietz was the one who drove us and then he took us out to lunch in between the conferences. I LOVED Elder Dube's Talk and Elder Uchtdorf's Priesthood Talk. They were seriously the best. Oh yea, I gave a blessing in spanish for the first time... That was scary!

Sunday was a really good day too. Again, Brother Frietz drove us to conference, and it was a great experience. I loved President Monson, especially when he was talking about his Wife, I teared up. It was so adorable! 

That is basically all that happened this week!

Summary: General conference is the best thing in the world and this Church is true. I quote Elder Holland now when he said this about the Book of Mormon "...there is no other answer [for the divinity of the Book of Mormon] than the one Joseph gave as its young unlearned translator. In this I stand with my own great-grandfather, who said simply enough, “No wicked man could write such a book as this; and no good man would write it, unless it were true and he were commanded of God to do so.” "

(The talk is Safety for the Soul, I highly recommend it) 

Much Love, 

Elder Allen

Oh P.S.! My mail man is Mormon, and he will be our mail man at our new place, so he will make sure that we get all of our mail, even if it has our old address on it! Great guy he is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment