Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Monday is P-Day

Trevor is living in an apartment in South Phoenix.  The mission home has asked us NOT to publish his address for his own safety.  If you would like to have it, please email me and I will send it to you.  ckallen05@gmail.com

I am in South Phoenix right now, and everything is going well. I'll send some pictures of my appartment. I live with my companion, Elder Hernandez, and 2 other English speaking Elders, Hyeer (I think that is how it is spelled) and Elder Burtenshaw. They're English elders who are in an area that is close to mine. Our area is... Humble. There are a lot of trailer parks that we go to, and people normally live in houses smaller than our apartment, but have twice as many people. Even with these circumstances, these are some of the best people I've ever met. They're so kind to everyone. I love them already.

"Bed Sheets?, Who invited that kid?"
My companion is from El Salvador originally but has been living in Salt lake since he was 13. Hes been in the mission for 21 months, so I'm probably going to be his last companion (assuming that I don't get transferred before I finish training). I love President Toone! He's an amazing man, and even though I only got to talk to him for about 5 minutes but I can already tell he's a spiritual giant as well as a literal one (he's 7 feet tall). 

The bike is wonderful! It really is a quality bike. I love it. I lock it up everywhere I go because it looks so nice
Before my first 1/2 day on a bike
After a full day on a bike, "I was dead tired" 
and new. And bikes are stolen very often here. I talked to the mission president's wife, and she said I am not allowed to have light grey suits :( I can get light grey and khaki pants, but just not the suit. That's a bit disappointing, but I'll be okay. Some super cool things have happened already since I have been here.



I already saw a miracle:
Okay here's the story: It was after church yesterday and one of the Hermanas (sister missionaries) in our ward (we have 6 missionaries that cover 1 Spanish ward) asked us to go over to an investigators house and give her a blessing for the sick. We of course agreed and they took us over to her trailer. Once we got there we talked for a little bit and we found out why she needed a blessing (she was having some pains in her leg). We then did the sealing. I anointed the oil and my Companion sealed it and gave the blessing (all in Spanish, may I remind you) As my companion put his hands on her head, she began to shake a lot. Like it almost felt like she was having a seizure underneath us. After we were done she was talking to us and she said this (in my own words) "As you gave me the blessing my vision started to go dark. I couldn't see anything, but as the blessing went on, I saw a light. The light started to get closer and closer to me until it encompassed my vision. Then I realized that this light was me being baptized. I saw myself getting submerged in the water and coming out. Then as you finished the blessing, there was a warmth that went my head down unto my leg and the pain went away"  I was crying the spirit was so strong in that house. 

We have some really great progressing investigators! And they are such a great family. They have a baptismal date for the 17th of August and I am so excited for them. We just need to get the father on board...
Then we have a 19 year old boy who just got here from Mexico and his family is all members so he is taking the lessons. 

I know that this church is true. It is only confirmed that it is true through miracles like that blessing. I know that there are people here that need me. I love you all, and I'll see you in 2.

Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment