Friday, July 19, 2013

What is English


Wow I cannot believe that a week has gone by already. It seems like was yesterday that I was emailing home!! Not a ton has happened this week to be 100% honest. We had a really good Tuesday night devotional by Richard G. Hinckley, the son of the one and only Gordon B Hinckley. He had a great talk about missionary work and about how you should leave your mission without any regrets. That hit home with everyone in my district. We all want to make sure that by the time we leave the mission field, we don't have any regrets. Another cool thing that he said was "we are the arrows in the bishops quiver" And I really liked that! I thought that was such a cool analogy on how we are under the direction of the bishop in the ward we are serving. I just am so excited to get out there in the mission field. The MTC gets old. Especially the food. I just want to get to Tempe and serve the people!!! And then hopefully they will serve me some good Mexican food... Jajaja but really, I just want to get out of here! I haven't had too many struggles or hardships this week, so that's a good thing. I considered writing this whole thing in Spanish, but then I remembered 2 things:

1) I don't have that much time
2) I don't know Spanish that well.

So alas, you're stuck with English. But that's okay. I really don't have much to say this week, as not much has happened. But just know that I love you all! And I know that this is where I need to be. This is the work that Christ would be doing if he was on the Earth today. How could I be doing anything better than that?

Wow wait there are so many things I forgot to mention!
I bought this book called 'Book of Mormon stories illustrated" And it basically has all of the pictures for every chapter of the Book of Mormon. I figure that will be helpful for investigators. I got an English and Spanish.
We got our travel plans!!! Here they are:  Meet at the bus from the MTC at 4:30am on July 30th

The flight leaves SLC at 8:36am (Flying Delta) and lands at 9:15am Arizona time.  And here is the craziest part.... I was made the Travel Group Leader! So basically I'm in charge of 32 people and making sure that they get on this flight safely. it's not a huge assignment, but it is one none the less. I'm not quite sure why The Lord keeps giving me these leadership position, but I know that through him I can do anything.
 
Love you,

Elder Allen
The Elders in my District

 

No comments:

Post a Comment