Saturday, July 13, 2013

Como' como como un lion?

My time in the MTC is flying by!

I haven't done much this week to be honest. I've been pushing myself when I have work out time, normally playing basketball, but then every night I try to do 30 push ups and at least 50 sit ups. I'm really trying to burn off all of the calories I know I eat every meal. I feel fine though, which is surprising. I thought this food would be terrible for me, and even though it is, I haven't gotten sick yet. So that's a good thing.

I put Cholula on everything. They have it sitting out for all the meals in a sort of sauce bin, and I use it all the time. Like I said earlier, I have been trying to use the gym time as effectively as I can, but sometimes it is hard. I do my only little personal work out every night. Surprisingly, the heat hasn't bugged me too much. Our temple walk on Sunday is pretty late in the day, so it is pretty hot out, and my teacher told me it was 104 and I was barely sweating. So I guess that's good?

I do have an assignment for you all. Look up the talk Character of Christ by David A. Bednar. I'm sure Kyle and Andrew have seen it, as they play it every Sunday night here at the MTC, but it honestly is life changing. The best talk I can think of.

I have seen Ryan Carter twice now. I saw him after a priesthood meeting on Sunday and then I saw him walking home from the Tuesday Night devotional at the Marriot center, so I talked to him for a while then. It was nice catching up with him. I also saw Nick Hicken a few times. 

The Language is coming really well actually! We just had an evaluation for being half way through the MTC and they said I just need to work on the Preterit vs Imperfect Tense. It's not an easy thing to differentiate. At least not at first.

I think (or at least hope) that people are emailing to the wrong address. They should be emailing to trevora@myldsmail.net . Most of the missionaries have their first and last names in the email address with a (.).  I don't. Hopefully all of you will make sure to email trevora@myldsmail.net  

The teacher on the far left is going to the Mexico MTC to teach.
I was made the District Leader on Tuesday night... I forgot to say that jaja (gotta learn to laugh like the people I will serve right?). My companion was the old district leader, so I was surprised I was made the one after him. They only do 2 DL's per 6 weeks in the MTC so I guess you could say I'm a part of a pretty elite group.
Also one of my teachers is leaving! That is so sad. He was our first investigator and then he became our second teacher. I hope that makes sense.

Love you all

Miss you Bunches.  And I miss ESPN's PTI.  

I guess I'll bare my testimony.... IN ESPAÑOL

Yo se que Jesuchristo es me salvador. Yo se que Dios es amor. Yo se que un Mission es que yo nessicito hacer. Yo se que Jose Smith es un profeta y el quiere saber la verdad como mi.

En el nobre de Jesuchristo, Amen.

(The stupid accent mark wont work, so that might be hard to understand, but it's all true.)

Elder Allen.

No comments:

Post a Comment