Monday, December 23, 2013

"One day you're going to ask yourself 'How on earth does it get so hot in the summer, and so cold in the winter?!' Then you will think of me" -- Elder Hernandez

Well. That day came. It feels cold.  

Bishop Wilson, Elder Allen, Elder Aranibar
But, it has been a chill week. It started with bishop Wilson coming down and taking Elder Aranibar and me out to lunch! We went out to Jersey Mikes. It was good, I like their subs a lot. It was such a nice thing for him to do, and I'm eternally grateful for him.

A cute pit bull puppy, look at his eyes
Then on Tuesday we had Zone Meeting! It was so good. I love our zone leaders. They're like the perfect amount of awesome and spiritual. One thing elder Cassiano said really impacted me. He said:
"The gospel will go forward with or without us. But I want to be one of the people that pushes it forward."
That was a cool quote for me. I thought it was super deep and stuff. Idk. It just hit me hard. I want to be like him. I want to push the gospel forward, not just tag along for the ride.
Then after zone meeting we all went out to a Chinese restaurant and it was pretty good. The whole zone was there, so it was 16 missionaries I think. And we made one giant table. It was legit. Then Hermana Crawford, who was an 8th grade teacher before she came out on the mission, bought the zone 5 Pu-Pu Platers (yea that's what they're called) it was super cool of her to do that. She got transferred though :(

Then on Wednesday we went to the children's hospital with Brother Fritez and it was kinda crazy. There was a kid in the ward who is in there. I'm not sure what he has, but he was in the hospital for some reason, and it was pretty bad. He couldn't move his head. So we have his mom a blessing of comfort. It was kinda crazy, but she needed it.

Then after we went to see our recent convert to see how she was doing because she had been in and out of the hospital lately. So we went over to make sure she was okay.

Then on Friday we went to a members house to do some service. We moved a fridge over from a truck and to an apartment. It was so heavy! I hated it a lot. I hurt my back a little bit but it wasn't too bad.

Side note here, it's freezing here! It says it's only 45 degrees, but it feels like it's about 20. I hate it a lot. I'm freezing when I'm riding my bike out here. But anyway, that's it.

Stake conference was this weekend! It was super awesome. We went to the adult session of general conference, because the stake president wanted us to go and it was pretty cool. Of course it was all focused on missionary work. It was pretty cool. At the adult session president Hansen of the mission presidency said something I liked to try and get the members more excited about missionary work. He said "The gospel of Jesus Christ is too good to not share" it was a good quote.

Then we went to the regular session of stake conference and it was good too. President Toone was good and gave a good talk about missionary work. That's what the whole conference was about, clearly.

But yea! That's about all that happened this week. It was a cool week!

I love you all so much! It's been a good week here in Arizona, I love life and I'm excited to be here serving The Lord for 2 years. I know that this Church is true, and that it is the only Church on the earth that has the priesthood of god. The only C
hurch that has the authority to act in gods name has been restored to earth, and it is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Much love,

Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment